Monday, May 25, 2009

Shit


Jay Bennet, formerly of Wilco, died yesterday. As I remember it, he had a lot to do with the way 'Summerteeth' ended up sounding. In the film 'I Am Trying to Break Your Heart,' you can see the relationship between he and Tweedy unravelling. I know he's done a bit of solo work and a lot of support stuff since leaving Wilco, but I can't say I've heard any of it. The last I heard of him was that he had filed a lawsuit against Tweedy for unrealized royalties. I think it was mostly due to some health problems he was having.

Undertow has a short notice here; News wire story here.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Bummer.

Mike said...

Summerteeth is a favorite of mine, and anyone dying so young is a damn shame.

Jay said...

You can download his last solo album - free and legal - here.