Wednesday, March 04, 2009

He Don't Want to Go To School And Learn To Read And Write


In these difficult economic times, when bastardos find themselves being downsized, taking pay cuts, or even worse, teaching, it's good to think about the options. Might I suggest going back to school?

Forty years on, the Beatles and their songs are to be hauled into the halls of academia and dissected by postgraduate students at a Merseyside university.

The masters degree in The Beatles, Popular Music and Society is being billed by Liverpool Hope University as the first such course in the UK and "probably the world".

Finally, a worthwhile degree!

5 comments:

Dave said...

Sign me up, Dr. Rowland. Or I can teach the course "Ringo: Talented Charmer or Lucky Bastard?".

Jay said...

I have no idea what you could do with this degree, but I would certainly be interested ...

Jay said...

So Dave, which side of the fence are you on?

Mike said...

Poor Ringo gets no respect! (But I have to side with the "Lucky Bastard" crowd. And they wrote fine lyrics, but they certainly aren't poetry in any academic sense.)

Dave said...

I'll go with Ringo as Talented charmer. The restraint he showed in songs like 'A Day in the Life' is amazing. Also, the variety of styles he was called upon to play was pretty impressive. Also, I can't drum.