Monday, March 09, 2009

Dave in New Orleans; Anyface show update

Because I know everyone is hanging breathless on my every move in New Orleans, here's an update. Made the marathon drive on Saturday, 12 hours with a couple of quick stops. Went to Le Bon Temps and had AndyGator beers from Abita, which are suspiciously strong. I'm thinking high gravity. Shrimp po boy on Sunday afternoon and an ice breaker practice with Paul Sunday night. Practice went surprisingly well, and the old guys could still pull out the stops on the fast stuff. Werts arrives today at 2:30 and we should be wasted by 2:45 or so. Fellow Bastard Andrew will arrive for the show on Wednesday morning. We also have people flying in from Durham, Minneapolis, and Seattle. Jay, here's the tentative setlist:

Blandscape
Black and Green and Brown
Long Ago Blown
The Last to Know
Ballad of a Punk Rock Legend
Down to the Mat
Love is Bland
Dirty Secret
Squirt Gun
No Disguise
She's After Me
Some Ridiculous Cover Song

More reports and pics to follow. Excelsior!

5 comments:

Mike said...

It's going to be fun, keep the updates coming!

Jay said...

What?! No "Friendly, Friendly Bitch?"

Rat-a-tat-a-tat, fuck that.

I'm putting together a comp of the songs from the set, but I'm missing the aforementioned "Down To The Mat," "Love Is Bland," and "No Disguise."

Dave, can you help a bastard out? And is it okay if I post the comp For The Penises?

Joe said...

Rip it up, Dave!

Dave said...

I can post a recorded version of No Disguise when I get home. Alas, no recordings of Love is Bland or 'The Mat' exist. There will be a live CD cut of the show from the soundboard, which I'll post once I'm back in Durham. Unless it sucks.

Jay said...

Excellent. Break a leg, sir.