Wednesday, August 06, 2008


Somewhere along the line I got a subscription to Rolling Stone. Mostly, it sucks hard (the Jonas Bros are on this month's cover...), but it still throws us old guys a bone. Two quickies this month feature the Great Alejandro Escovedo (has anyone listened to "Real Animal" yet?) and a short interview with Craig Finn from the Hold Steady.

Interestingly, both talk about their experiences playing with and meeting the Boss. Describing his encounter with Bruce, Finn says, "There are a lot of opportunities in rock & roll for your heroes to disappoint you, but I have a hard time believing Bruce has ever disappointed anyone." Indeed.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Good reading, thanks!

I have listened to the new Escovedo disc and it is quite good; I think I mentioned that I can hear Tony Visconti's influence here and there. I also hear some Bruuuuce, and probably coincidentally, some Slim Dunlop (at least vocally).

Mike said...

I'm digging the Alejandro and even shared with a friend who isn't one of us bastardos (hence, insignificant). Fine stuff. Glad to hear magazines like Rolling Stone and Tiger Beat are still relevant to someone. Does your wife let you hang up the posters?