Friday, January 26, 2007

My Newest Addictions

Having soaked myself to the bone over the holidays (God, how I love drinking beer and watching college football), I decided to go on the wagon for the month of January. Once I got over the shakes and the nightmare hallucinations of Jay's mother pole dancing to Abba, things got a little easier, but I'm ready for January to die. Actually, I have my dissertation proposal on the 7th of Feb, so I'm thinking of extending it until then.

In the meantime, I'm preoccupied with these:

The Hold Steady - Uncut's album of the month last month. I have it on order and will post it to the ftp when it arives.

Midlake (from Texas). Great song, weak video.

The View. Evidently the next big thing out of the UK.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Good stuff! I'm just glad to hear that you're still alive. On the wagon, though?

Dave said...

You call that living?

Joe said...

I know, it's crazy! This has to be the longest I've gone without a beer since I was in middle school.

Jay said...

Don't you mean grade school?

Dave said...

I quit for lent one year (and I'm not even Catholic!) Of course, after Mardi Gras, its easy to do for awhile. I made it though, and celebrated Easter with a delicious glass of red wine. I lost weight and felt better. I'll probably never do it again.