Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Plugz, Dylan and why nobody really gives a fuck about technology in education...



















I went with my old hippy friend Chris to see the author of the 'Dylan Encyclopedia' and 'Song and Dance Man.' Whatever-the-author's-name-was was speaking on campus, and I've been picking at my ulcer over what do do my fucking dissertation on while getting ready to take my comps, and thought it might be something fun to do.

Getting to the point, the author was entertaining and English and all that, but what was awesome was that he showed this video of Bob doing Letterman in support of 'Infidels.' The band he played with was was a punk band called The Plugz out of LA. It was le titties. He evidently turns to the band and tells them to play this old blues song, which wasn't on the album and wasn't the song they were supposed to play. Like Elvis on SNL. Very Punk! But then the band just ripped into this song. And Bob was just belting it out. It was trans-fucking-sendant. I really want to find a bootleg of it, or him playing with this band.

And fine job with the blog these days, Jay. It almost seems witty at points.

1 comment:

Jay said...

What was the name of the song they played, or what were some of the lyrics?

I would have to agree that the blog has picked up steam again. But witty?