Saturday, September 23, 2006

Evidently, Paul's a fan of the First Act Signature PW580...

From Tommy's discussion bored:

First Act endorsee Paul Westerberg is in for a busy week thanks to the animated film "Open Season" and its soundtrack. The excitement begins Monday, September 25th, as Paul reunites with his band The Replacements for a performance at the premier of "Open Season," to be held at the prestigious Greek Theater in Los Angeles. Westerberg will perform on stage with his First Act Signature PW580 guitar. On Tuesday, the "Open Season" soundtrack (on Lost Highway Records) hits store shelves, featuring songs by Paul Westerberg. Throughout the recording of the soundtrack, Westerberg's weapon of choice in the studio was his First Act Signature PW580 guitar. Finally, Friday, September 29th marks the release of Columbia Pictures Animation's "Open Season" in theaters nation-wide.

Surely Chris Mars isn't playing the gig... Hey, Jay, remember having a beer with Slim? And trying on his drummer's creepers?

4 comments:

Dave said...

I actually have this guitar on a wish list. Its only 150 bucks or so. First Act guitars are pieces of shit (you can buy them at WalMart), but I'll certainly play this particular piece of shit in honor of Paul.

Oh yeah, Chris is not playing with Tommy and Paul, although he has no problem with them playing together obviously.

Jay said...

That's too cool. I'm in the market for a cheap guitar to have around the house, so this might be just the ticket.

I do indeed remember that show, Mr. R. Slim was a genuinely nice guy; he sat at the bar telling me Westerberg stories for an hour.

And although he wouldn't trade me for my Docs, Slim's drummer did let me try his creepers on. I should have just run out the door in them, but then I would have missed the show ...

Dave said...

I wonder when my new avatar will show up.......

Jay said...

It showed up. Oh my God, that's funny.