Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My 2013 Best Of

The Bronx
  • Black Sabbath - 13
  • The Bronx - IV
  • David Bowie - The Next Day
  • Gary Numan - Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)
  • Iggy & The Stooges - Ready To Die
  • My Bloody Valentine - m b v
  • Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
  • Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
  • Superchunk - I Hate Music
  • Yo La Tengo - Fade

As always, my definition of best means albums I was motivated to purchase and listen to repeatedly.  My honorable mention for 2013 includes ...

  • Boards Of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
  • Queens Of The Stone Age - ... Like Clockwork
  • The Thermals - Desperate Ground
  • They Might Be Giants - Nanobots
  • Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II

2 comments:

Eric said...

I'm soooooo far behind the Jay & Joe curve. Still discovering bands/albums/tracks from the late 90's and early aughts. Good thing we have no standards here.

Joe said...

I would add the National's Trouble Will Find Me, Bottomless Pit's Shade Perennial, and Jason Isbell's Southeastern, which I thought was probably my favorite of the year. I also liked the new Telekinesis and SSLYBY.