Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wise Up Ghost

Ok fellas, it's here. And it's good. It's really, really good. Now I know that all of you guys are white as hell, and you're definition of funk usually involves the terms 'vanilla' and 'ice', but I think you will dig what's happening here. For This Project, there's the album, Wise Up Ghost, and a live show from last fucking night in Brooklyn, which I've dubbed Brooklyn Bowl since they played at a bowling alley. At the live show, there are also Rootsified versions of Costello classics like 'Spooky Girlfriend', 'I Want You', 'Chelsea', and 'Watching the Detectives'. All fantastic. Favorite tracks so far: 'Tripwire', 'Cinco Minutos Con Vos', 'Sugar Won't Work', and the title track. Get ya some!

3 comments:

Joe said...

Dooooood! You Rooooooool!

Eric said...

Oh no you DI'INT!! You did NOT just dis my funkitude! My fly Spokane beats! How would you kno--

Oh, wait.

Mike said...

Thanks, Dave!