Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Still Love My Japanese Car, Part II


[click to embiggen, it's worth it]

Automobile enthusiasts: I appreciate the above Subaru owner's sentiments.

After 160,000 miles in my 2Fast2Furious car, the clutch has disintegrated and I'm faced with standard wear-and-tear repairs costly enough to prompt the question "what next?"

The question - alas - is rhetorical, as I am not next in line in our household for an automotive upgrade. I will stick it out, hopefully for another 100-150,000 miles or until Jay buys me a Tesla.

It's just as well: I'm told that no car will make me happy after an STI anyway.

4 comments:

Joe said...

I miss the hell out of my WRX (though it wasn't an STI), but it was to the point where I was going to have to spend thousands to keep it on the road. I thought about getting a new one, but couldn't find one in my very limited price range. I should've been a doctor.

Eric said...

Joe, we should both become educators and move to North Carolina. I hear they make serious bank, and get six months paid vacation per year.

Joe said...

And there are women 10 years our junior who are willing to marry and support less attractive men.

Dave said...

Dicks. All of it is true, but dicks.