Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Goddamn Morrissey

Pulled in its entirety from The A.V. Club (because it's hilarious) ...

Morrissey has cancelled his upcoming South American tour, citing a lock of proper funding. The mope rock singer posted an open letter lamenting the tour’s tanking and the state of his life in general, saying, like only Morrissey can:

“In a year when far too many disappointments have been buried this really is the last of many final straws, and I am not alone in feeling this. The future is suddenly absent, and my apologies are now so frequent as to be somewhat ridiculous, and it is I who apologize because no one else would bother. It is agonizing to be responsible for imparting such news - especially when it springs upon me unexpectedly and inexplicably. But the collapse of South America rings the curtain down with a colossal thud, and the major problems remain as insoluble now as they were in 2009. The obvious conclusion stares back at me from the mirror, and the wheels are finally off the covered wagon. Cancellations and illness have sucked the life out of all of us, and the only sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing.”

The singer ends his by saying, “I shall see you in my dreams,” whatever that means. If you see Morrissey, give him a hug.

4 comments:

Mike said...

My heart really goes out to Morrissey, poor bloak. Maybe we could do a little fund raiser for him here on the blog. What do you think?

Dave said...

I think Jay doth protest too much. Secret Morrissey Lover.

Eric said...

How have I not heard the term "mope rock" before??

Also really enjoying the blargh's archival Morrissey material. Dave Shrieks Like a Vegan Asexual Girl is my new favorite phrase.

Jay said...

This world is full, So full of crashing bores
And I must be one, 'Cos no one ever turns to me to say
Take me in your arms, Take me in your arms, And love me