Friday, June 28, 2013

We got in trouble at the Vatican

The trip with our students was pretty awesome and fairly hassle free (excepting one emergency room visit, a minor jellyfish sting, stomachs having bad reactions to foreign food, and an embarrassing trip I had to make to a pharmacy to buy feminine supplies). Above is my portion of the group. We saw the Prado and Royal Palace in Madrid (where I found awesome pints for one euro), the beach, Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia and Las Rambla in Barcelona, took an overnight ship journey across to Rome, and while there saw the Coliseum, Forum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, etc. At the Vatican some of our group got fussed at and our tour guide was fined because some kids sat on the steps outside the Sistine Chapel. Hopefully the Pope was not personally notified. To be honest, I could have stayed a few more days. If you so desire, you can check out all the pics on FB, which is a social networking sight some of you may have heard of. Cue Chuck Berry's 'Back in the USA'...

5 comments:

Jay said...

Cool! Glad you're back home safe and sound.

Eric said...

I followed your updates from Hong Kong and Moscow with great interest, but missed most of the, uh, Italy stuff.
Welcome back, "Dave".

Mike said...

Welcome back. Can't believe you didn't know about sitting on the stairs. The Lord fucking hates that shit, dude.

Joe said...

As the resident Catholic, I forgive you. You have to be exhausted.

Jay said...

I'm only Catholish, I don't have the authority.