Friday, October 14, 2011

Something Worth Arguing About



There's a good article over on The Selvedge Yard that revives the great Fawcett v. Teigs debate of the 1970s.
As a boy growing up in the 1970s, I can tell you with absolute authority that there were two women who were on every pubescent boy’s mind– Farrah Fawcett and Cheryl Tiegs. Sure, there were others– but Farrah & Cheryl were the cream of the crop. And the major rite of passage was to have one of their epic posters up on your bedroom wall. That was huge. It showed you’d graduated from the land of legos and had entered the exciting, awkward, and confusing hormonal journey into manhood. Are we there yet?

I myself would have to go with Farrah, but I must admit to spending a lot of time drooling over this picture when it first appeared in the SI Swimsuit Issue. You can see her boobs!

If you're not familiar with the site, the Selvedge Yard is worth hours of your time.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Farrah gets my vote for poster, but Cheryl wins the whole thing with that linked SI photo.

Dave said...

Farrah was on my brother's wall, Cheryl was on mine. Neither of us ever scored with either one of them.

Jay said...

Guess the rest of you bastards had Mark Spitz on your walls ...

Eric said...

No, at my home any cheesecake would have been promptly disposed of by the parental staff.
I had a newspaper photo of Farrah. Stashed in a secret wooden box with secret compartments.