Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Predictions, anyone?


So I went back and looked up our NFL predictions from last year, and they had more holes than the great Rickey Jackson's distinctive facemask, pictured above. Using an ultra-scientific scoring system of 1 point for each correct team in the conference championships, 2 points per Superbowl team, and 4 points for the Superbowl winner, the grand totals were as follows:
Andrew: 0 points
Dave: 0 points
Joe: 0 points
Mike: 0 points
Jay: unknown -- limited his predictions to the potential plotlines of Sex in the City 2

So we can't get any worse, right?

7 comments:

Andrew said...

I think the Saints are the best team in the NFC, but I bet they still can't handle cold weather, so I hope they either have a really good record, or that it is the Vikings that come out of the NFC North, which I think will give us the other NFC championship game team. I think the most improved teams will be the Texans and the Seahawks, both of which will make the playoffs.

NFC: Saints over Packers
AFC: Steelers over Patriots
Superbowl: This is the year! Geaux Saints!

Jay said...

Carrie and Mr. Big wind up together for sure this time!

Dave said...

Jay gets zero points already.

NFC: Bears over Falcons
AFC: Steelers over Chargers

Superbowl: Steelers over Bears in the most bare-knuckled, smashmouth game ever played.

PS: I will GLADLY take zero points if Andrew is correct.

Mike said...

AFC: Pats over the Ravens
NFC: Packers over the Giants
Superbowl: Patriots. Everyone has one more reason to hate Bill Belichick.

But I'd also be very happy to lose to Andrew or Dave, both of whose finishes I prefer. Jay on the other hand is getting all Brandon Marshal on us.

Joe said...

AFC - Steelers over Dolphins
NFC - Saints over Eagles
Superbowl: Steelers

I would love to see the Saints win, but I'm just afraid pigs wings haven't developed quite to that point yet. It's also hard not to pick the Patriots and Giants, but I'm going to stand with my picks and be proud when none of them come in.

Matt said...

NFC : Eagles over Giants
AFC: Steelers over Pats

Eagles take superbowls.

Carrie and Samantha end up in an experimental lesbian experience.

Jay said...

I think everybody here would watch that.