Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jim Carroll


First To Play 'Catholic Boy' and 'Dry Dreams (vinyl rip)' will enjoy. I have a greatest hits comp, but it won't rip for some reason and it really doesn't have anything these two don't (Jay actually gave it to me as a gift one year, funnily enough).

I remember reading an interview with Joe Strummer where he talked about he and Pete Townshend sitting in an apartment listening to 'Catholic Boy' and going nuts about how great it was and how it didn't sound like anybody else out there. You will recognize 'People Who Died' from its being covered by a million bands (Drive-by Truckers included) and playing in a handful of films, including 'Basketball Diaries' and one of the Living Dead movies.

My favorite by him is 'It's Too Late,' which is below.







4 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks, I'm looking forward to checking it out. Really all I know about JC is from B.ball Diaries.

Jay said...

Cool!

Mike said...

This is some really fine stuff, reminds of Lou Reed at his best. Great lyrics and good tunes, don't know why I haven't heard him before. Thanks, Joe.

Dave said...

Thanks dude.