Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Noodling











I'm writing a song to accompany a video my work group's producing, but the process is really different for me. For one thing, I'm using FL Studio instead of instruments. Also, there are some parameters with which I'm unaccustomed. The music has to be unobtrusive and "corporate," while subtly amplifying the emotion of what's happening onscreen. (Texture and dynamics are key.) Luckily, it doesn't have to be good. (Rim shot!)

The song I'm including isn't for the score, but something else I did that demonstrates FL Studios capabilities. This is a very rough mix; in fact, there's no production at all, but I'm impressed with FL Studio's natural drum sounds.

8 comments:

Jay said...

What, no comments about organizing sock drawers?

Dave said...

I'm very impressed with your blips and squarshes on that track. Are you creating the sounds using a keyboard or your computer keyboard? If you need anyone to sing corporate vocals on your work group project let me know. I've been working on taking all of the character out of my voice.

Jay said...

Ha ha ha. No, it's all cutting and pasting of snippets.

Hey, what was your earlier comment about not playing guitar anymore?

Dave said...

Jesting only. I do still suck though.

Jay said...

Nonsense! Nonsense, I say!

Joe said...

It's got a good beat, and you can dance to it.

Mike said...

Too much personality for corporate background. I like it, in a Dust Brothers kind of way. Noodle it, baby.

Jay said...

Thanks, Lurker!