Thursday, June 22, 2006

One Day It Will Please Us to Remember Even This

New New York Dolls album. The track on the Uncut CD this month ("Dance Like a Monkey") is excellent. I haven't read what Uncut has to say about the album, but that song is a blast.

The Killer Kane documentary is also pretty amazing. New York Doll, I believe it is called. Yes, that's it.

And apricot of nothing, Dave, I drove through New Orleans Monday and it was haunting. I just can't believe it's still that bad. Just blocks and blocks of empty buildings.

4 comments:

Jay said...

One day it will please us to remember that David Johansen is now the Crypt Keeper.

I really, really want to see New York Doll. I think it's next in my Netflix queue ...

Dave said...

The Makers are supposedly opening for the Dolls on some dates this fall or summer- I'll let you know if it comes to pass and what the inside 'scoop' is.

Joe said...

Who are the Makers, Daive?

Dave said...

My buddy Jamie's band, they were doing the whole Strokes-Hives-Vines thing many years before and are just a fantastic group. Find yourself a copy of their last album, Everybody Rise and you'll be a happy kid.