Tuesday, May 23, 2006

House Hunting Update

First, the good news. The missus and I have found a house that we absolutely LOVE. This will be our home at least until we're empty nesters, and maybe longer. The move'll put us both about ten minutes from work and will give us about 1,200 more square feet. (Shut up, Joe.) We close on May 31st and will probably move in sometime in June after we've painted a few rooms.

The bad news? Our house has been on the market exactly one week and we're nervous wrecks. We got off to a strong start, with a showing on Wednesday and four on Friday of last week. Our Sunday open house brought 'em out of the woodwork, with 13 people stopping in. Then, nothing. Not a single agent has called to book time in the last two days. WTF? Where is everybody? Make us an offer! I'm staring down the barrel of a swing loan, for Chrissake!

Any words of advice? I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. All the feedback we've gotten so far indicates that the house shows well, and we've gotten a few serious inquiries ...

3 comments:

Dave said...

OK, first off, I'll give you $178.32 for the house if you're that worried. Secondly, its nice to see one of you motherfuckers posting on this thing again. Thirdly, don't worry baby. Selling a house is like getting a job. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, 5 offers. And remember, I'm the son of a real estate magnate.

Jay said...

Thanks for the encouragement, sir. It'll sell when it sells, but man I don't like uncertainty.

Dave said...

I'm uncertain about my feelings regarding uncertainty. That makes me anxious.