Monday, March 27, 2006

Go-go music really makes us dance

So we went and saw the Go-Gos last night... I have to admit I was a little bit reluctant, but Kara got tix and set it all up, so what could I do? But man, they rocked. They played 'Beauty and the Beat' in its original running order, then tacked on the other hits. It's pretty clear Charlotte Caffey's doing all the work, and Belinda Carlisle's voice was giving out by the end, but it was a fun show. Shameless pop. It kind of makes me want to get 'God Bless the Go-Go's'. Kind of.

Opening band the Stimulators suuuucked.

Oh, and some asshole brought along the Belinda Playboy issue and kept holding it up. She eventually said 'Hey, put that down,' and he did.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Joe, by all means pick up God Bless the Go Gos- it is actually a pretty fine album.

Jay said...

As I recall, I bought that on Dave's recommendation, and he was - and is - correct.

Dave said...

You like me.... you really like me!