Monday, March 27, 2006

Bob Mould, Ohio, and other things

I feel old and sad.... I should be queing up to see Bob Mould solo acoustic tonight at Cat's Cradle in Carborro (Chapel Hill). Instead I'm making enchiladas and staying home. Tix are $15, which is totally reasonable for someone like Bob, but I'm leaving Wednesday for a solo road trip and money is an issue.

I'm going to Ohio fellas, for the first time in my life (unless you count that time I was coming back from Paris and had to change planes in Cincinnati. There were drug sniffing dogs checking out our luggage and I was suffering from a terrible bout of diarreah. But I digress....). I'm going to see old bandmate John Davis (aka Truck Manworthy) whom I've not seen in seven or eight years. He lives in Columbus. I needed someplace to go that was within a one day drive (sorry Memphis!) and figured it would be fun to see a 'new' state. After that its over to D.C. to see the charming Andy Hetherington and then back south to Durham.

But back to Bob.... is my failure to get out of the house and see him because I'm old and dull? God I hope not. If Joe can muster up the strength to see the Go-Gos, surely I can pull myself together? To be continued.......

1 comment:

Jay said...

What's round on the ends and HI in the middle? O-HI-O! (Sorry, couldn't resist an obscure reference to my favorite band from Akron.) I'm a little disappointed we lost out to Columbus, but I understand. Besides, Truck Manworthy is a fucking sweet name.

You're not old and dull. You must remember, Joe has a love of live music that borders on pathological.