Wednesday, September 05, 2012

How I Spent My Labor Day Weekend



Well, part of it.

Wild Eagle is a steel Wing Coaster at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It is the first of its kind in the United States. The ride was opened to park employees and their families on March 20, 2012, opened for season passholders on March 23, 2012, and officially opened to the public on March 24, 2012.

TypeSteel - Wing Coaster
ManufacturerBolliger & Mabillard
ModelWing Coaster
Lift/launch systemChain lift hill
Height210 ft (64 m)
Drop135 ft (41 m)
Length3,127 ft (953 m)
Speed61 mph (98 km/h)
Inversions4
Duration2:22
Height restriction4 ft 2 in (127 cm)
Trains2 trains with 7 cars. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 28 riders per train.

7 comments:

Joe said...

Love me a good rollercoaster. Dollywood, huh?

Eric said...

Jay it doesn't say here if you were at Dollywood as holiday staff or as a patron - I'm assuming the former..

Can you get the rest of us in for a private excursion sometime? I think it would be a nice gesture.

Dave said...

I LOVE rollercoasters. Jay has been Dolly's chief bra washer for years now.

Mike said...

I'm glad the kids could pull you away from the musical shows and souvenir shops to ride that monster.

Jay said...

Bra washer? I was told I was cleaning tents.

Jay said...

Eric, your name is on the guest list. Plus one.

Eric said...

Yesss.