Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Show I Love


I know we're all far too cool to watch television programs, but IF I did watch a show, it would be Psych. I like it for the following reasons:

1) Pop Culture referencing almost non-stop, with a special emphasis on the 80s.
2) Awesome theme song as performed by the show creator's band.
3) Portrayal of male friendship that every male wishes he had.
4) Hilarity.
5) It is set in Santa Barbara but is clearly filmed in Vancouver, BC.
6) Rips mercilessly on the CBS show 'The Mentalist' which was ripped off from the premise of this show.

It's on Wednesdays (info in the above ad notwithstanding).

7 comments:

Mike said...

This piques my interest. I'd never even heard of the show. Sounds like they've hit on something. If we watched tv shows that is.

Dave said...

BTW, the premise is that this guy pretends to be psychic and hires out his services to the local PD. In actuality, he's just hyper-observant (kind of like Jay in a gay bar).

Andrew said...

What is cool about not watching TV? I'm always just too busy to watch TV, and not in a good too-busy-doing-fun-outdoorsy-things-with-A2 way either. That said, there are two shows I have really been enjoying via Netflicks. One is the BBC show Life on Mars (which I believe they re-made over here and looks crap), which is about a modern-day policeman who falls into a coma and wakes up as a policeman in 1970s Manchester. Very well written, amusing, throughtful, and addictive as hell. The other is the Wallender mysteries (also BBC I think), which are based on henning mankel's books featuring a Swedish detective of the same name. The boosk are excellent, and the TV adaptation does them justice.

Dave said...

The 'Life on Mars' here apparently was crap, but I've heard nothing but good things about the BBC version. Thanks for reminding me to look into this one. Any show that pulls the title from a David Bowie song works for me! Andrew, have you ever seen the Inspector Lynley series from the BBC? I'm a big fan of the books, but haven't had an opportunity to see the shows...

Andrew said...

I've seen a couple of episodes of the Linley series -- pretty good, actually. I think we watched them because they were available on the netflix instant watch thing on the laptop. Also available on that feature is the IT Crowd show someone recomended on here a while back, which also is very amusing.

Jay said...

We just watch movies now. And The Misadventures Of Flapjack ...

Jay said...

When I'm not cruising gay bars, of course.