Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Lost Anyface EP surfaces; media goes into frenzy

OK, not really. But this is a 'lost' EP. Actually, can something be lost if no one is looking for it? This was a fully recorded effort that was mixed but only existed on cassette. The fidelity is lacking as it was dubbed from the tape, but I am really happy with the performances, most of which were live in the studio. The songs:

1) Pophead- lots o' feedback and nice drums
2) Stolen Iron Heart - written and sung by bassist Johnny. The vocal is a little overwrought, but it is a nice melody.
3) Long Ago Blown - one my all time favorite compositions, and killer drums from Paulie.
4) Happy Fight - the only Young Brians composition I ever recorded without them.
5) Jolene - Johnny sings the Dolly Parton classic. Nice solo.
6) Holly Hates Rock and Roll - my favorite recorded vocal, the whole song, solo and all, done live in the studio. Enjoy MoFos, and let me know what you think.

FourX The Pleasure.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Good stuff, Dave. I like the stuff that you don't sing on less than the ones you wrote, but it's all fun. So can you sue the Subteens for ripping off the 'Holly' title?

Dave said...

No,if I remember correctly that was some sort of drunken indie rock challenge. Jay?

Jay said...

I fully admit to lifting that title and writing another song around it, and I can almost guarantee that drinking was involved.

Glad to hear the unearthed Anyface tunes, Dave. I'm on my third pass now.

Mike said...

I enjoyed this, especially the Holly track, which is in no way tarnished by the 'teens tune, which could very well be about another rock hater altogether. Makes me wonder what else is in that big, secret musical toybox of yours, Dave.