Monday, April 12, 2010

Life: The Documentary



Beautiful new documentary on Discovery, if you have seen it. Would've made for nice weed viewing, back then. I would still turn the volume down and play music instead, the narrative is just annoying.

I actually had a sort of epiphany watching it. Much of it deals with reproduction, and the thing that really became clear to me for the first time is that all around me there are all kinds of species of life, from mammals and birds to fish and insects and plants, and pretty much every single one of them is getting more action than I am.

When a nature documentary makes you feel like a loser, it's probably time to turn the TV off and put on the silk shirt, gold necklace and aqua-velva.

11 comments:

Dave said...

It really is all about the fucking evidently. Fret not, young Lurker, for I forsee a summer of sweaty hardcore action for you. And no, Jay, that does NOT mean that I'll be in town this summer.

Jay said...

Damn.

Dave said...

I really need to watch this though. Not for the sex lessons, but because our big flat screen is made for stuff like this.

Joe said...

Dave, it is definitely made for big flat screens. It's really stunning. Lurker, it could be worse. You could be married and getting no action. Like Jay.

Andrew said...

Oprah? What was wrong with Sir David Attenborough?

Mike said...

That's useful perspective Joe, thanks!

Jay said...

$20.00 says I'm getting more than you.

Susan said...

I bet $1000.

Matt said...

here's a cool link with Atenborough narrating. It's hysterical because he's giving play-by-play of a bug holding his she bug down for a nice poke... then he pitches her off the branch. enjoy.

http://hearnoevilseenoevil2.blogspot.com/2010/03/like-youve-got-something-better-to-do.html

Joe said...

That's cheating, Soozan.

Jay said...

Thanks, Matt!