Thursday, February 05, 2009

Shit...


Lux Interior, founding member of the Cramps is dead.
Some 30 years ago, with the King still warm in his casket, Lux rose like a zombie from the primordial swamp as a twisted, grotesquely libidinous, werewolf Elvis from Hell, and the mask – if it was a mask – never came off. The Cramps went one step further than punk rock: they didn't merely go back to basics, they stripped rock'n'roll naked and flaunted it in its lethal distilled form: as a relentless sex east, a psychotic release, a nihilist post-apocalyptic celebration, the ultimate in trash culture.
Sigh...

Surfin' Dead

TV Set

Can Your Pussy Do The Dog?

4 comments:

Joe said...

Good obit here.

Jay said...

Holy cow, Lux was a year younger than my mom!

Dave said...

Hard to imagine, isn't it. Christ, Paul McCartney is OLDER than my mom.

Mike said...

Interesting to see Chilton's name popping up early in The Cramps career. I've watched so many Spongebob's with my niece, I'm trying to figure out if I've seen the one that Lux's voice was in.